Choose the benefit amount that best fits your needs, with amounts ranging from $5,000 to $50,000.
Receive a lump sum payment upon diagnosis
- You will receive 100% of your chosen benefit amount in a lump sum payment for each covered critical health event.
- If diagnosed with cancer, benefit amount is dependent upon the form and/or stage of the disease.
Covered Critical Health Events
- Heart Attack
- Major Organ Transplant
- End Stage Renal Failure
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Severe Burns
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Aorta Surgery
- Heart Valve Surgery
Benefits can be used for out-of-pocket costs, travel expenses, treatment costs, childcare, or for any expenses you choose.
You and your spouse/domestic partner can apply for coverage.
- You can also select an optional rider on the application to provide $5,000 of coverage for your children.
This information is only an outline of The Union Labor Life Insurance Company's Critical Illness Insurance features. Once approved for coverage, it is important that you read your Certificate of Insurance for the exact benefits, terms and conditions of this insurance plan as benefits, limitations, and exclusions may vary by age and State.
Benefits are subject to individual state insurance regulation requirements.
The Laborers' International Union of North America (LIUNA) is not offering, sponsoring or endorsing this insurance program. This program is being offered only by The Union Labor Life Insurance Company, which is solely responsible for it. LIUNA plays no part in the program and receives no compensation. Every person should carefully consider whether the program is right for him or her.